Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 02:22 PM
calin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice

Greetings,
I am the pround owner of a 1997 Dodge Ggrand Caravan that until now, has been a pleasure. My daughter ran over a raised manhole cover last night. She was able to drive home but upon inspection this morning I see that there is a steel plate that runs across the width of the van that parts of the trans and suspension attach to. The manhole grabbed this thing and pushed/bent it back about 6 inches. Both front wheels are pushed back. It is held in with about 10 lagre bolts and almost looks like I could take it off and replace it and any bent damaged peices and everything would fall back into place..

I am wonering if anyone has any experience with this situation.*(not a splash guard)

thanks in advance

Old 05-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is the cover you bent. It bolts to the suspension craddle which is the big alluminum piece the plate bolts to. It is more likely that if the suspension has moved, that would be where to look. The plate alone would not be the issue. The craddle bolt to the frame in 4 places and then the suspension parts all mount to the craddle.

Last edited by Tizzy1; 05-13-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:04 PM
calin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the quick reply!

So more than likely the actual cradle has been damaged. replacing the cover will not fix it.

thanks in advance

Old 05-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Most likely more than the cover.

Quick Reply: Need advice