Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Information Center '91 Caravan LE

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 12:22 PM
BlackDawg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Information Center '91 Caravan LE

Can anyone help with troubleshooting the information center on my 91 Caravan? It had one day suddenly just quit working, I get a blank display, as if no power to the unit. The fuse panel does not show to have any fuses associated with this. What would be the next step in finding the problem? Is there perhaps a fuse located somewhere else that I am not aware of? Perhaps someone could post or send me the wiring diagram for this circuit, so I can trace down the power to this circuit.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:58 PM
hemi4spd
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you get the Info center removed and can probe the plug on the back.

there are 3 wires you should take a look at
Terminal #1 Orange wire is from the dimmer this dims the display(perhaps your display is working just dimmed to the MAX???)
Terminal #7 Tan wire is the ignition feed
Terminal #9 Black wire is the ground

Also on your fuse block slot #25 is a 30A circuit breaker that feeds the overhead console, check for hydro at this slot if present on one side and not the other; you have found the "fuse" you are looking for. but from the wiring diagram this CB also sends juice to the power windows so if you van has PW and they are working that would mean the CB is good.

Last edited by hemi4spd; 09-04-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:16 AM
hemi4spd
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heres a diagram of fuse block

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5...k91caravan.png

And heres WD for Overhead console

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7...eadconsole.png

Which I found a lil hard to see so I've enlarged the Overhead console portion for you

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8...onsolezoom.png

Last edited by hemi4spd; 09-04-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:34 PM
BlackDawg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info, I finally got around to pulling the Information center from the car to check it more thoroughly. The overhead lights do work and the electric windows do work so the unit was getting power, however I did notice a few burnt components on the circuit board for the information center, so looks like I will be needing to replace the Information center itself. Any ideas on where I could get one and an approximate price would be useful. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Information Center '91 Caravan LE