Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 2.4 oil on top of valve cover

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 10:09 PM
jjakspaw6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 2.4 oil on top of valve cover

Hi All!!

I'm new to DF But have owned one model of dodge or another all my life..
I have a 2000 Caravan 2.4, bought it new with 4 miles on the odometer. 10 years and 185,000 miles later She is still running strong with a few minor problems along the way

My current problem was a cylinder 1 misfire. this started while at a stop light (and right after I turned the AC on) I drove home (about 10 miles) I was told to start with changing the plugs... easy enough... done the problem seems to be gone now.

While I was changing the plugs, I noticed that #1 tube was dry... there was a tiny bit of white on the plug tip.. #2 had a little oil in it the plug was quite wet but the threads were dry. #3 tube seemed to have a bit more oil in it and the shaft of the plug was coated with oil... #4 the same as 3....
There was some oil on top of the valve cover around the plug holes before I started... never seen that before yesterday either...

After I changed the plugs,I went for a short 20min drive I didn't see any new oil on top of the engine....

what would cause this? is this something I should worry about?

Quick Reply: 2000 2.4 oil on top of valve cover