Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 Caravan cold weather squeal? wiper module?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:50 AM
rinse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Caravan cold weather squeal? wiper module?

Hey Everyone, Hope all is fantastic, for the past couple winters, when you start up the beast it squeals for about 3-5 min? I know its the belt and it goes away. I have done some googling, and it might be that the wiper module is leaking on the belts at night and the gasket need to be replaced. Any ideas on how or where? Has any one else had this issue? Please help. Thanks everyone!!

-Rinse

Old 11-05-2010, 06:54 AM
login1

This is just a shot in the dark here but I would first start on your tensioner pully. Could be week OR can it be that the bearings are in need of being re-packed in the bearing?

I just pulled the tensioners out on my truck and re-packed the bearings as there was a slight squeel. Grease was all dried out.

Can'r remember if these bearings are accessable where you cap pull the seal and grease the roller bearings.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:59 AM
rinse

Thanks for the suggestion, However I know it is not the tensioner. It is about 3 months old and it was making this noise with the previous one in the cold weather. i found this but I am not sure where the wiper module is?

http://daycow.com/daycow.nsf/Demanding%20Drives.pdf

Quick Reply: 2001 Caravan cold weather squeal? wiper module?