Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

98 Dodge Grand Caravan Transmission Questions, Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 03:12 PM
alexkharden
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another question, honestly people, how much work is involved in changing out a transmission? Like I said before, I have never done any trans work and I don't know how intimidated I should feel.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:38 PM
sapporo
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe it would be best to just get the exact correct transmission. everything would fit and would greatly simplify the effort and greatly reduce potential problems/questions. 1998 is a one year only. it has a different torque converter than 1996 and 1997 and 1998 has a different electrical connector for the transmission indicator switch than 1999+ What I was suggesting is you get a newer trans which I located for you, the torque converter will fit your engine, and I suggested you get the wire harness that is on the a fore mentioned trans so you can splice in the transmission indicator switch to your vehicle wire harness

as for how hard, you need a lot of tools, jack stands, some floor jacks, a lot of patience, factory service manual, some friends that can help and a lot of change for the cuss jar.

Quick Reply: 98 Dodge Grand Caravan Transmission Questions, Please Help!