Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Reseting ABS light

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 11:02 AM
B. Unruly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my 2007 Grand Caravan, after replacing the rr hub assembly and ABS wheel speed sensor, upon start, the amber ABS light remained on (lit). After seeing the above post by jumpdrive2, I simply drove the van out of the shop across the parking area to about 15 mph and the light extinguished. No need to disconnect battery.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:27 PM
tittoo
Default 2002 Dodge Caravan ABS & Brake Lights stays on Trac off

My Dodge Caravan 2002 does not have ABS module, no wheel speed sensors and the ABS, Brake lights, Trac off lights stays on. The vehicle could not be certified due to the lights.
Please suggest if the computer can be reprogrammed for non ABS.

Old 02-14-2016, 12:44 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tittoo
My Dodge Caravan 2002 does not have ABS module, no wheel speed sensors and the ABS, Brake lights, Trac off lights stays on. The vehicle could not be certified due to the lights.
Please suggest if the computer can be reprogrammed for non ABS.

Was the van EVER equipped with ABS in the past ?

Old 02-14-2016, 08:52 PM
tittoo

The van was never equipped with ABS.
It is possible that previous owner replaced fuse junction box and wiring harness.
I am having this van since Dec 2007 and the lights came on in 2013 when I did battery boost for my neighbors car.
The mechanic at local garage suggested the simple solution of taking the light bulbs out from the instrument cluster. Is it legal to do so
Pls. advice
Thanks

Old 02-14-2016, 10:02 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

ABS light won't fail inspections where I'm at. Where do you live?

Old 02-15-2016, 12:49 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tittoo
The van was never equipped with ABS.
It is possible that previous owner replaced fuse junction box and wiring harness.
I am having this van since Dec 2007 and the lights came on in 2013 when I did battery boost for my neighbors car.
The mechanic at local garage suggested the simple solution of taking the light bulbs out from the instrument cluster. Is it legal to do so
Pls. advice
Thanks
If it is NOT equipped with ABS, then the cluster must be generating it. I can't tell you to take your bulb out. It would be unethical. (;

Old 02-15-2016, 06:55 PM
tittoo

If I take out the ABS fuse out the van won't start. I will try to unplug the cluster and replugging it which might work in turning the lights off

Old 04-05-2024, 12:00 PM
Nancy3
Default Abs light

Originally Posted by daveswaves
Here is a method that works on our 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan. Start vehicle, put foot on brake and do not remove. Back the van up while turning the steering wheel all the way to the right. Keeping your foot on the brake put the vehicle in drive and pull forward while straightening the wheel. Obviously you will have to ease up on the brake a bit to move forward, just dont take your foot off, the brake lights must be on. Once you are driving straight take your foot off the brake, turn and brake again. Parking lot works well for this, back out of your parking spot, turn the wheel to go straight, go forward. Sounds dumb but it works on ours which has a phantom ABS light with no codes set.
It worked!!!! Oh my goodness. I had a flat tire, my ABS light wouldn’t go off and I tried the brake thing while backing up and it worked. Thank you so very much!!

Old 04-05-2024, 12:37 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Nancy3
It worked!!!! Oh my goodness. I had a flat tire, my ABS light wouldn’t go off and I tried the brake thing while backing up and it worked. Thank you so very much!!
That post was from 13 years ago and the poster is no longer on here, but glad it worked for you.

Quick Reply: Reseting ABS light