Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Tilt Wheel Broken!! how to fix?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 01:51 PM
thenewkid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Tilt Wheel Broken!! how to fix?

"Hi I have a question about my 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. The Tilt wheel which makes the wheel adjust up or town is broken. How do you fix something like this? I can move the tilt arm back and forth but can't move the wheel. It is very uncomfortable driving with the wheel in the down position all the time. Any ideas would be great. .....

Thanks"

Old 01-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You'll have to remove the column shroud covers and see what broke. the tilt mechanism is basically 2 matching serated parts, when you pull the lever, it pulls the two pieces apart allowing tilt. You can kind of make them out in this picture of the column.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:37 PM
thenewkid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tizzy1
You'll have to remove the column shroud covers and see what broke. the tilt mechanism is basically 2 matching serated parts, when you pull the lever, it pulls the two pieces apart allowing tilt. You can kind of make them out in this picture of the column.

Thank you. going to take a look this weekend

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Tilt Wheel Broken!! how to fix?