Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

99 caravan problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 02:38 AM
bigjohnsty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 caravan problems

i have a 99 caravan sport with 3.8l engine with federal emissions. recently i replaced the water pump and the rad fan would not work. my father in law disconnectd the wires(plug) from the sensor attached behind the thermostat housing and proceded to try and jump the fan with a wire he stuck in the plug end and the positive of the battery. the van would not start or even turn over. we changed a few of the relays under the hood for the starter and auto shut downs and nothing except clicking in some relays when the key was turned. i bought a used computer that started the van for a few seconds but then found out that it was california emission computer and would not work. i have the right computer coming tomorrow but was told by the used parts yard that even though it would be a match that it may not start the van because some of the computers come with security chips and some dont. here is my question after that long story. does anyone know how to reset the computer if it will not start my van.

Old 01-24-2011, 05:42 AM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My folks have a 1999 town and country which exhibited the same problems all due to the little ground wire at the negative battery terminal being loose.

Quick Reply: 99 caravan problems