Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Newbie, 95 Dodge Caravan tranny and stalling problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 04:08 PM
musqua
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie, 95 Dodge Caravan tranny and stalling problems

Hi everyone, hope someone can help, have a 95 dodge caravan se 3.3 L w/ OD, we've had the van a year in july, had tranny problems right from the get go, slipping into neutral while driving, going into limp mode; so hubby did two tranny flushes, I've been doing some reading lately and read that a certain kind of fluid should only be used(hubby used dexron lll) does it make that much of big difference and do you think the tranny has had it, it has been a year, hubby want to replace the tranny. When it comes time for the first start up of the day, the van doesn't idle up to warm up, have to keep foot on the pedal and wait 10-15 minutes for the van to warm up, even if the tack on the temperature gauge says it warm, it seems I have to drive around a bit before it will stop stalling, I still have to do all this and it's warm out. Can someone shed some light on these problems.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Toecutter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie, 95 Dodge Caravan tranny and stalling problems

I use ATF+3(A MUST), Your OD on it is it a Manuel ( Do you have 1st, 2nd, Drive then the OD kicks in?) electronic type? If so, On my 96 there's a 2pin plug on the top of the trans just under my air cleaner assy the one closest to you as you stand over the engine unplug it and see if this helps. You might get the Check Engine to light up but big deal.... also have you been replacing your trans "Pic-up Filter" w/ your trans fluid change outs?

PS. next time you pull your tans Pan make sure you CLEAN IT OUT even the magnet that hold all those neat micro metal partials.

Quick Reply: Newbie, 95 Dodge Caravan tranny and stalling problems