Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dodge Caravan, won't crank, initially, every morning

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Htro Mada
OK, I was waiting to make sure it really was fixed, and then I forgot. Well, I tried the starter relay and that seemed to work for a week. I tried blowing graphite into the ignition and that didn't work. So, I tried a starter and -- after suffering the pain of a thousand tiny cuts to my hands -- I got the new starter in and I have had no problems since then. So, the dealer was right, after all, naturally. So were two wise posters to this thread. I did save a few hundred dollars and now I know what a starter relay is so, I figure, I came out ahead. Thanks again for everyone who took the time to reply to my question, I greatly appreciate the help.

Now I have to replace the alternator and the oil light has started to come on. All I ask is 200,000 miles, that's all I ask ... (150,000 and counting, with my fingers crossed)
Thanks for coming back with the fix. Want help with your other problems? Post them in a new thread.

Quick Reply: Dodge Caravan, won't crank, initially, every morning