Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2003 Grand Caravan stalling at stop sign/light when pressing on gas

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 04:29 PM
jmanuto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Grand Caravan stalling at stop sign/light when pressing on gas

Help! I had my battery replaced and drove towards home. Came to a stoplight, idlled fine, pressed on the ga to go and it sputtered like it wanted to die, pressed on the gas harder and it proceeded fine. Next light same thing. Next light it died, started back up again, sputtered but took off. Drives fine while rpm are going but come to a stop and it wants to die after pressing on the gas. Iddles fine, drives fine, just sputters or dies when I press on the gas. Anybody have any suggestions? JM

Last edited by jmanuto; 03-17-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:46 AM
beachbumble

Hey my 03 does the same did you find out what was causing it?

Old 06-23-2011, 12:45 AM
rabtrfld

Fuel filter? There is a pressure test port on the injector rail, with a schrader valve. You can take the valve out wih a little tool that comes with tire-mending kits. Bicycle shops have them, too. If you stick a rubber tube on the port, be sure to use a hose clamp, its 50PSI / 350kPa. Maybe you can get a presure reading while your buddy holds the brake and stomps the gas in gear (still not a realistic load situation, though). Or run a tube to a pressure gage you can read while driving (don't bring it inside, though!)

Quick Reply: 2003 Grand Caravan stalling at stop sign/light when pressing on gas