Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

My 02' Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 02' Caravan

I have a couple issues, I am looking to buy a good but cheaper OBDII Reader ($50-$100), and I unforunatly cannot find much information on scanners themselves or where to buy. I am looking for the most features, and quality for my buck...

I also am having trouble with my 02' Caravan, I am getting a hard downshift at roughly 30mph, sluggish driving, using more gas..... I first suspected a tranny problem instantly, checking all fluids and temps... and with no signs, thought a while... I am now sure it is a PCM problem, the battery was disconnected and I do not believe the pcm has relearned. The problem still exists. Doe's anyone have experience with this? I do not have any coding, just what seems the pcm or possibly tranny acting up.

I have heard good things about OBDII readers, and I hear they pay off in the end, will a reader help me understand significantly more about whats going on with the pcm/tranny?

Old 04-26-2011, 07:44 PM
PWR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It could be the shift solenoid which may not throw a code until it goes into limp mode, so a cheap OBD scanner won't give you much info/detail. I've disconnected the battery multiple times without the problems that you mentioned.

Instead of buying a cheap OBD scanner, you would be better served by going to a transmission shop and having them look at it.

Quick Reply: My 02' Caravan