Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

HVAC Calibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 03:48 PM
vabear
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC Calibration

I know this is old news but humor me. When performing the calibration, the ignition key is on and then, with a manual system do I push the AC and Recirculation buttons simultaneously and does the fan need to be on and do I need to have temp set at full cold, or do I just turn key to on, push both buttons and wait?

Old 06-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the complete calibration service is in the Tizzy1 and others DIY. The blower should be on full high setting. the temperature should be full cold and the mode should be on panel. You hold down the wiper and washer buttons witch should be the top and bottom buttons going vetical until all of the led's light up. Then the led's will flash alternately until the test is done. If there is a problem, it will set a code and the DIY will explain how to read it. If the vertical led's flash when done, the calibation failed. If the horizontal led's flash, the cool down test failed.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:32 AM
vabear
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC Calibration

Thanks for quick response, I should have remembered but I am old, well I have captured that for use in the future. Daughter had the '96 Caravan to move some stuff that would not fit in '03 Durango and when I got the van back it was not blowing with the pressure I thought it should, so I did the calibration also AC was not as cold as it should have been, put manifold gauges on her and read 28 PSI low side so I bumped it up to 34 PSI and all is well.

Quick Reply: HVAC Calibration