Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Annoying Clunking problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 12:39 PM
bluearc74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Annoying Clunking problem!!

Hey all. I currently own a 2005 Caravan SE and have a noise coming from the passenger side sliding door area. I have a friend who had something similar bit more of a rattle and it was the shocks. So I just went ahead and replaced the rear shocks and the clunk is still there. It almost sounds like the same type of clunk when you leave a door open and hit a bump and it makes a clunk thud. Any ideas out there for me to check out? Thanks in advance....

Old 06-18-2011, 08:20 PM
papaduck
Professional

Check the sway bar bushings. They are known to wear and clunk when going over bumps at slow speeds.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:39 AM
bluearc74

Well no searching any longer. I had my boy sit there listening while I was driving. He kept thinking it was coming from behind the door more towards the back. Then he traced it to the floor area near back door. It actually ended up being the rear seat where it latches to the floor. Doohhhh....it was not quite clicked in all the way on the handle behind the seat. Then mentioning this to the wife she was like " oh yeah...oops". Grrrrrrr. Thanks anyway all. Well i have a new set of shocks that I put on. Oh well they were probably close to due for a change...lol.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:17 PM
papaduck
Professional

Glad you found it. Sometimes a clunk, rattle or squeek can drive you nuts trying to find it.

Quick Reply: Annoying Clunking problem!!