Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Trying to figure out what this light is?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 02:37 PM
jamiebird
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to figure out what this light is?

I know this sounds stupid but I am trying to figure out what this light is that just popped up on my 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan. It is above the dash in that long thin instrument panel. It is the last one or second to last one and I think it looks like a transmission but hubby says it could be an engine. I don't have an owners manual for it and the only one I can find on line is the 2002 which is not helping me any. I have done the odometer trick to check for codes but it isn't coming up with any.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The lamps available in the message center are both turn indicators, the high beam indicator, the VTSS indicator, low oil pressure lamp and the check engine lamp.

Turn indicators are green, high beam is blue, VTSS is red, oil pressure is red and check engine is amber.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:31 AM
memphisof2011
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what you could do is have a diagnostic done at a shop its like 70.00 to have done

Old 07-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...or head to an Autozone or the like and have them read your codes for free with a scanner. Sounds like the check engine light. The light is indicating the Powertrain Control Module has detected and stored a fault code.

Quick Reply: Trying to figure out what this light is?