Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

rear wheel bearing

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:31 AM
peshewa
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rear wheel bearing

I have a 1996 T&C 3.3 with a groaning rear right hub bearing. I removed the ABS sensor & the 4 bolts holding it to the brake assembly with the drum off. I pounded with 2 hamers, and a slide hammer & soaked both sides in liquid wrench. I also pounded the corner downword with a serious chisle trying to at least clock it, but that thing wont move. Does anyone have any tricks for loosening this thing? It is FWD btw.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:49 AM
lovvorn
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emergancy Brake ??

Hi , Just a thought !! Release your emergancy brake an it will fall off ! I ran into this a few months ago with my sonin law . My thoughts Bud

Old 07-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you can try intalling the hub bolts almost all the way and then hitting the end of the bolt.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:08 AM
peshewa
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are great thoughts, and I did try those. I thought in retrospect I may have done well to leave the bolts for the hub all the way off, re-mount the wheel then lower the jack to see if the body weight would have pulled it out of the socket. However, I found a place in town that does axles work only - and very well I might add - and they will do it for $35 with my hub. Well worth it since I ended up with tennis elbow after 4 hours of hammer pounding!

Quick Reply: rear wheel bearing