Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2007 Caravan Surging

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:11 PM
BurnDoGG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2007 Caravan Surging

For about 2 months now I have had this slight surging feeling between 50-70 km/hr or you could actually say at low rpms. Took it to dodge as I found out about the TSB in 2007 with the computer upgrade/flash and/or torque converter replacement. They did both, its still there. I even noticed it on the highway today as well and its a bit worse and totally noticeable. New plugs, wires, cleaned throttle body, injectors cleaned, cap checked out, new fluids you name it, its still there. Am I wrong to think Dodge didnt even change it as I had to yell at them just to look at the van? Its only getting worse now and since I have about 88000 km on it, and warranty is 12000 left on it, I dont want it to be something major after 100,000 km and I have to pay for it. Its been hooked to a computer and reads no codes at all, or even in history of the van and does not misfire at all. I feel its still in the torque converter/transmission area, any ideas or experiences with this?

Old 08-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take a tech for a ride or have them install a "copilot" scanner that will read and record real-time data.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:44 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Burn,

Sorry to hear about the problem your having with your van. If you cannot get this issue resolved through the dealer, I would suggest calling the Canadian Customer Assistance Centre at 800-465-2001 and get them involved. They can get some tech support for the dealer if the dealer cannot pinpoint and solve your problem.

Quick Reply: 2007 Caravan Surging