Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2003 caravan sport help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 12:42 AM
webstertroy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 caravan sport help needed

Took my van to a shop yesterday cuz it was miss fires really bad. the shop said there was wires that layed on the exhaust and shorted out the computer and it needed to be replaced.. They quoted me 600 to replace it just for the part.. So i got on ebay and found one for 175 new. My question is Im wondering if i am getting the right part is it called bcm? ecm?fcm? I dont know... they just say it needs a computer... and does it have to be reprogramed for my van?

Old 08-06-2011, 01:31 AM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Help me out webstertroy. You posted a request with error codes on 2002 Caravan Misfire - is this the same ride? There were a number of responses - but you never acknowledged them. You listed it as a 2002 and yet here you list it as a 2003. I am so confused! Are you having fun with us?

Old 08-06-2011, 07:29 PM
webstertroy

sorry the van is a 2002 and I just got my internet back so I am sorry for the lack of response... I took the van to a shop after changing fuel filter plugs wires crank shaft position sensor the cateletic converter and a few o2 sensors and 2 injectors.. no lock... mc said it need s a new computor...

Old 08-06-2011, 07:46 PM
vitual

Its called ECM and it is located in front of battery. And yes, it will have to be programmed. usually, Ebay company programs it for free for your vin before shipping. BUT !!!!
But, in more than half ECM replacements, there is nothing wrong with ecm, its just that some of us or a mechanic cannot figure out whats wrong. So i would strongly recommend to go through all the diagnostic steps listed in repair manual before pointing finger to ECM. there is a repair manual link posted by me before, some where in this website.
Good Luck !

Quick Reply: 2003 caravan sport help needed