Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2010 Grand Caravan Media Center 430 RBZ touch screen broken

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 07:01 PM
jereandjess
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Grand Caravan Media Center 430 RBZ touch screen broken

2010 Grand Caravan SE with the Hero package has the Media Center 430 RBZ.

The LCD display is fine, but the touch screen has been cracked and won't work. Can only change stations/tracks etc with the controls on the steering wheel.

Does anyone know if the touch screen is replaceable by itself, or with the LCD?

I know with cell phones and gps etc you can get the replacement parts to fix problems like this.

Just curious if there is a solution anyone knows of or where to get parts from.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Old 08-15-2011, 07:59 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you alrdy out of waranty? on a 2010 vehicle?

your easier way out is get a exchange unit if you are out of waranty. probably cost u $1000. I doubt u will find one in the junk yard either. Like cell phone, you can replace the screen, but U can't get it thru chrysler dealership. I have no clue where you can even find one.

Probably cheaper to go aftermarket radio, might even sound better. If you looking for a radio off Ebay or Craigslist, You will need to find one exactly from a 2010 caravan, or else there are chances it won't work.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:03 PM
jereandjess

It is still under warranty, but the problem is that the cracked screen was due to my stupidity! I don't think they will cover it.

Aftermarket is a good idea that i didn't think of....

Is the wiring the same if I were to upgrade to the 730 RER? Just plug and play?

Thanks for the reply.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:11 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jereandjess
It is still under warranty, but the problem is that the cracked screen was due to my stupidity! I don't think they will cover it.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes it is covered under waranty. If they say no, then stick a knife into a button and pry it off, and complaint the button fell off. just do it carefully.
Chrysler is very relax on waranty to keep up customer satisfaction, especially first owner.

Last edited by steak59; 08-15-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:34 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

jereandjess,

I would recommend taking it to the dealer and seeing what they can do for you first before anything else. I do not believe they can replace the screen only, but am not sure.

As far as Steak's suggestion about prying off a button with a knife if they deny the repair under warranty, I can't advocate that idea. Besides, I would suspect any good adviser or tech would take one look at the cracked screen and the missing button and figure that one out.

Last edited by DodgeCares; 08-16-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:49 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by steak59
Yes it is covered under waranty. If they say no, then stick a knife into a button and pry it off, and complaint the button fell off. just do it carefully.
Chrysler is very relax on waranty to keep up customer satisfaction, especially first owner.
I sure hope you do not work at a Chrysler dealer steak59!!!

Old 08-16-2011, 12:21 PM
jereandjess

my mistake.

Last edited by jereandjess; 08-16-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: error.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:00 AM
Quazz40
Smile We can fix this!!!

Hello, we are a car audio repair shop called Quazz40 Electronics. We repair and refurbish all types of car audio systems (OEM and aftermarket). We have several of these screens in stock from systems that were sent to us for repair but were to pricey for the customer/s to pay. So we strip the systems down and use the parts to repair or refurbish other radios for future customers. Also, the screen is not something that you will be able to buy, it has to be calibrated after installed. Its not just a removal of the broken one and a replacement of the new one. If you did do this the touch screen will work, but when you press lets say the seek up button while in FM the radio would switch to AM. This due to the touch screen not being calibrated. For the screen and the labor to remove/install , plus calibration it would be $100.00. You would of course have to pay for shipping both ways. This is probably the cheapest your going to pay for this repair.If you are interested,please feel free to email us.

Best Regards,
Quazz40 Electronics

Old 09-18-2012, 10:44 AM
UN4GTBL

Originally Posted by jereandjess

Thanks for the reply.
Yes and No.

The RER will plug in, but you may experience issues if you have a factory uConnect Bluetooth system.

You would need a HIGH SPEED MyGIG radio for your 2010 Caravan.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:12 PM
kingofwylietx
Professional

There are a couple of factory radios for sale in the classified section under parts. See if those will work and then all your controls will work too!

Quick Reply: 2010 Grand Caravan Media Center 430 RBZ touch screen broken