Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

95 caravan radio removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 12:28 PM
painter 12
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 caravan radio removal

how do you remove a factory installed radio/cassette player from a 95 caravan. haynes is very vague. pics would be helpful if possible.
thanks

Old 08-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is too old to cut and paste so I can't get pictures but I'll type the rest......

(1) To remove the top cover use a flat blade tool. Pry up on either end and contunue across the full lengh of the top cover (panel with defrost vents and speaker holes)

(2) To remove cluster bezel grille use the removal tool. Using tool at either end pull up and remove grille. (I pry it up with a small flat blade screw driver, this is the vented grille on top of the cluster bezel)

(3) Remove six mounting screws from the hood and message center assembly. Using a flat blade tool pry up on either end and remove module and disconnect wire connector.

(4) Reach behind lower right corner of center bezel and pull to disconnect attaching clip. Repeat in all of the corners and remove bezel. Disconnect ash receiver wore and lamp assembly if equipped.

(5) Remove cigar lighter element

(6) Remove two screws and pull radio rearward. Reach behind radio and disconnect the wiring harnesses and ground cable. Remove radio unit

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: 95 caravan radio removal