Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Does the 2011 Grand Caravan have any problems yet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Pks17
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the 2011 Grand Caravan have any problems yet?

I really like the new caravan, seems to get good reviews, has all the up to date boxes checked and the price is right. Im in the market for a new vehicle. How does this van do so far?
Ive heard the lousy brake rotors are a carryover, but im mostly concerned about the new 62TE tranny, and the Pentastar motor.
Should i be worried?

Old 08-29-2011, 09:35 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone. Never buy a first year run of any car. Let the bugs get worked out and maybe wait a year or so. . I have seen no mass pentastar issues...yet. I hope it stays that way.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:12 PM
gentz
Professional

Well as far as I see the persistent transmission issues haunt these vans, the only other issue I have noticed is the engine (some) will develop a lifter type ticking on startup, and a random missfire feel to it... besides that I love mine, love the new engine just hope they get my transmission issued solved.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Pks17

So for the transmission problems on these vans, they are fully covered under the factory warrenty right?

Im thinking of buying the extended warrenty up to 7 years, and that will be long enough to start thinking about a new van.

Quick Reply: Does the 2011 Grand Caravan have any problems yet?