Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Replacing rotors but not pads?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 01:26 PM
looking4advice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing rotors but not pads?

I have a 2010 Caravan, and I had to bring it into the dealer today because of a vibration in the front end. The looked at it and told me that I needed new rotors, but that the pads "look" okay. So he said that I could change only the rotors and take a chance that the pads are okay, or change both the rotors and the pads. So I went the cheap route, and told them to just change the rotors. Was this not very bright of me? Should I be getting both done at the same time?
What do you think?

Old 10-04-2011, 02:13 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Looking,

I have never changed the rotors without changing the pads.If you do not change your own pads I would say why not have the dealer put new ones on at the same time? Pads don't really cost that much and they are in there anyway. Can't be that much more labor time.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess if it has low miles or a high percentage of life left on the pad, I could go either way. Less than 50% of the pad left and it gets new.

Quick Reply: Replacing rotors but not pads?