Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Question About My 2001 Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 11:09 AM
shaq1991
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question About My 2001 Caravan

So on Thursday i started my car and started driving and it was vibrating... it was vibrating when i was standing and also when driving. I drove like 5 minutes went into the store and everything was gone! The car was fine and now today again i started it and before i even drove it was vibrating! I started driving and gave a little gas and it was gone again but a few stop lights after there was still a little vibration and then it went away again.... what can this be? Is it dangerous and is it something that needs to be taken care off right away or can it wait a month of two?

Old 10-19-2011, 01:14 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like your engine may not be firing on all cylinders. Could be any number of things but high on the list would be worn spark plugs and plug wires. How many miles on them? Not something you have to have fixed today but your engine and your wallet would be much happier if you had it fixed within a couple weeks since it seems to run ok when warmed. In the mean time, give it a little extra time to warm up and be easy on the throttle. If your check engine light starts flashing get it fixed pronto. Is the light coming on steady? Check for codes. If you want to try fixing this yourself let us know.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:29 PM
shaq1991
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cougar41
Sounds like your engine may not be firing on all cylinders. Could be any number of things but high on the list would be worn spark plugs and plug wires. How many miles on them? Not something you have to have fixed today but your engine and your wallet would be much happier if you had it fixed within a couple weeks since it seems to run ok when warmed. In the mean time, give it a little extra time to warm up and be easy on the throttle. If your check engine light starts flashing get it fixed pronto. Is the light coming on steady? Check for codes. If you want to try fixing this yourself let us know.
I will be going to my mechanic on Friday i called him today and he said it might be the pillow that the engine stays on..... The light isn't flashing but it was and was checked and said it was a sensor. My car has a little over 102,000 miles i've only had it for about 5,000 miles so idk what happened before.

Quick Reply: Question About My 2001 Caravan