Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2010 Caravan - Brake Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:38 PM
lorem01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Caravan - Brake Maintenance

I have a 2010 Caravan SXT. I'm a first time Dodge owner and was wondering if anyone can offer some advice on brake pad replacement options. I am hesitant to bring it into the Dodge dealership because I don't know if Mopar has good quality parts or should I bring it to my local Firestone Auto Center or somewhere else. Any advice anyone? Thanks in advance!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:03 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, did you liked the brake from the Factory? If you do, Mopar part is about the same. Firestone, midas, etc... most of the time the parts they used are below OEM quality.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:05 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lorem01
I have a 2010 Caravan SXT. I'm a first time Dodge owner and was wondering if anyone can offer some advice on brake pad replacement options. I am hesitant to bring it into the Dodge dealership because I don't know if Mopar has good quality parts or should I bring it to my local Firestone Auto Center or somewhere else. Any advice anyone? Thanks in advance!
Lorem,

How many miles do you have on the vehicle? The reason I ask is because Chrysler has extended the warranty on brake pads and rotors to 3/36 on 2009-2011 minivans. A deductible may apply depending on your mileage. If you are under 36,000 miles then you should definitely take your vehicle back to the dealer. This warranty extension just came out a week ago so I have included the information below in case the dealer service tech has not heard of it yet. I would still recommend the dealer for your brake job even if you are over 36k as they should definitely use Mopar parts.

NUMBER: 05-007-11
GROUP: Brakes
DATE: October 11, 2011

SUBJECT:
Vibration At The Front Of The Vehicle When Braking And/Or Front Brake Pad Lining Life
(Warranty Extension)
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves installing new brake linings and replacing both brake rotors as
required.
MODELS:
2009-2011 (RT) Caravan / Town & Country
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with brake sales code BRE and/or
BRG built after January, 01, 2009 and before May, 02, 2011.

Last edited by DodgeCares; 10-20-2011 at 09:17 AM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Caravan - Brake Maintenance