Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Remote Starter (Mopar) - Disable Horn Beep Confirmations?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 12:15 AM
DigitalSpew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Remote Starter (Mopar) - Disable Horn Beep Confirmations?

Hi, I hope someone can help me keep the peace in my neighbourhood. I just bought a used 2007 Grand Caravan SE that has the 6 button key/remotes with a separate single button Mopar remote on the keyring.

Two questions:

1) Is this a factory installed system or was it a dealer installed option?
2) Is there some way (either DIY or dealer) to de-program the annoying and very LOUD horn beep confirmations when activating this system?

I finally found instructions to turn off the horn beep confirmation for the remote locking but haven't found out if or how to do the same with the remote starter system. I live in a very quiet trailer resort so having obnoxious horn beeping at the hours I keep will not please my neighbours. I would however like to be able use this feature on those bitter cold winter mornings. My previous '95 Grand Caravan ES had an aftermarket starter/security system that only sounded the horn if someone tampered with the vehicle.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:15 PM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I searched the net and couldn't find anything. I did find a Mopar Vehicle Remote Start Manual and it didn't provide a way to silence the horn. It would appear that the number of "beeps" you get verify the operational function of the Mopar Vehicle Remote Starter (i.e., Service Mode, etc.) which might explain why their may not be a "silence" feature? Based on the manual I found - if installed by Chrysler - it would come with a 3 year warranty. So, you might consider running up (or calling) a local dealer and see what they can advise.

Quick Reply: Remote Starter (Mopar) - Disable Horn Beep Confirmations?