Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 dodge grand caravan PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 11:39 PM
dddon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks very much ! ... tomorrow i will check out as many of the fixes as i can , and will post my progress ....WOW!! today i was able to hold my latest great granson ... his name is Leonardo ...3 weeks old... so ya .. Im old , but very active. ... dddon

Old 11-06-2011, 07:38 PM
dddon

HEY!!! Cougar41 .... MANY THANKS!!!! it worked just as you said !!
I twisted each spade contact about 5 degrees and gave the whole set of contacts a light spray of WD40 , and put it back together , and they worked !! ..... I am really glad to have headlights working right again !!!
now ...... I think the washer motor for the front is bad ,as it still does not work.... I will use a jumper hookup to go straight from the battery to the motor after i unplug the cable. .... will update when i give it a go.... again "KUDOS" to you Cougar41 !!!! dddon

Old 12-07-2011, 06:22 AM
dddon

well ... the washer motor is good ... i suspect the problem is in the switch on the steering column , which also has the problem of not canceling a turn signal automatically as it should. the outside temperature is in the low teens (above zero) and we have 4 inches of snow, so I will have to wait for a bit warmer weather to tackle the problem. ... dddon

Old 12-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Happy to hear your headlights are working. Bad time to fix the car? Great time to have fun with Leonardo. Enjoy Gramps! (There's an AARP card in my wallet too).

Last edited by Cougar41; 12-07-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Quick Reply: 2001 dodge grand caravan PROBLEMS