Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: weak shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 11:04 PM
batman75
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weak shocks?

Hi Everyone,

Just one of those things that makes you go hmm..

we have a 2014 grand caravan r/t. we have noticed ours has a very bouncy ride... we have the factory towing package.

took it to the dealership, and they looked at it and said the shocks are done. they are to be replaced under warranty. took it in today for the work, but they said the wrong parts came in even though they apparently ordered based on the VIN.

Just wondering if anyone has had trouble... I don't know much about the load leveling & height control that is part of the towing package.

I have been told that they are nivomat shocks, but have not found any confirmed documentation on this fact. The underside is undercoated, so probably wouldn't be able to see a name on the shocks anyway.

thoughts?? how can a shock be defective. we have always felt the ride was very bouncy, but did not do anything.

pushing down on the rear bumper a couple times, the van will bounce 4 to 5 times before coming to rest.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:17 PM
VMAN
Default weak shocks?

Did u resolve the shock issue? I have a 2003 GC EX with towing. It has a beefed up suspension and the shocks are still strong at 199K mileage. I also have a 2007 SXT, no tow package. It's shocks are very bouncy and need to be replaced. Maybe ur van was fitted w the wrong shocks from factory.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:17 PM
batman75

The shocks were replaced under warranty, and e have not had any further trouble. We did get a new drawbar to use with out tent trailer the trailer was sitting high. Perhaps the wrong drawbar was provided, or perhaps the measurements taken with the defective shocks led to the wrong decision drawbar being installed

QUOTE=VMAN;3265095]Did u resolve the shock issue? I have a 2003 GC EX with towing. It has a beefed up suspension and the shocks are still strong at 199K mileage. I also have a 2007 SXT, no tow package. It's shocks are very bouncy and need to be replaced. Maybe ur van was fitted w the wrong shocks from factory.[/QUOTE]

Old 09-23-2015, 04:44 PM
VMAN
Default weak shocks?

We towed a pop-up tent with our van and the shocks have been "shot" ever sense then. ~~1,500 miles.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: weak shocks?