Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Difficulty in swapping out power sliding door?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 02:56 PM
jeremywatson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difficulty in swapping out power sliding door?

My '01 Grand Caravan got side swiped by a hit and run driver. The damage to the passenger side sliding door isn't really bad, but I'm wondering if just swapping out the door and repainting would be cheaper/easier than trying to get a shop to take out the dents.

I'm having a little difficulty finding replacement power sliding doors, but I have found a few manual sliding doors in good shape and reasonably priced. My question is, does anyone know how hard it would be to swap the power sliding equipment from my old door into a replacement manual door? Is it even possible, or do the manual and power doors differ in some significant way?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

(By the way, if anyone has a suggestion for a good source for such a door in or around north Texas, feel free to shout out.)

Old 12-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The shells are the same so if you can find a manual door it will work. You'd have to swap everything except for the upper and rear rollers.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:12 AM
jeremywatson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I haven't pulled off all the interior trim, so I'm wasn't sure what all is inside. I did find a nice, straight manual door (even in the same-ish color) for only $150 two weeks ago when I was yard hopping with a friend for parts for his truck. Wish I'd picked it up then. If they've still got it, I'll start swapping parts this weekend.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Difficulty in swapping out power sliding door?