Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Climage control bulbs for 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 3.8 V6

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 AM
dogface
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climage control bulbs for 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 3.8 V6

Hi,
How do you replace the bulbs for the climate control on this vehicle.
There are 3 ***** and its the one for the vent controls that I need
to replace.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The bulbs are on the rear side of the control head. The instrument panel center bezel needs to be removed to access it. There are 2 screws on the bottom of the bezel under an access cover and then the cover just prys off. The bulbs are removable but I have never been able to locate replacements. That will be the tough part, I always replace the entire control head when bulb replacement is neccessary.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:04 AM
dogface
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the detailed diagram, it helps and
I certainly appreciate it!
I have priced the control head at 2 local dealers
and they have quoted $250-300

To replace a light bulb?
I don't think so.

There must be a replacement bulb out there somewhere.
To have to replace the unit for a burned out bulb,
has to be one of the worst engineered/designs around.

If Dodge does not carry these bulbs, there must be another
option. If I got the bulb specs I should be able to find them somewhere.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:57 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The bulb and the holder are one piece, that's what makes it tough to find one. I kind of cheat and when I replace a control head, I remove the good bulbs and keep them for later use.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:26 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

take the control head apart, you can see the bulbs, you have to Solder it on the circuit board.
There is no "The right bulb". you have to find a bulb that runs on 12volts that's roughly the same Size.

I found some bulbs that looks like picture below in my Parts Counter, Or you can go to the website on this picture, (They probably have every type of light bulb that's used in Cars) tho I have No clue what size you need, their Shipping rate makes u buy locally.
Ask you dealership to open their Bulb Drawer for you and you will find some like these, They are VERY cheap.

Take the plastic base of the bulb out, it will have 2 'tails' hanging out, You remove the bulb on the Circuit board, and solder those 2 tails in the spot of the bulb you removed.

The Factory bulb uses a plastic Gel Cap go give a hint of green color, you have to reuse it, make sure u remove it carefully so it can be reused.

I replaced these bulbs a lot on our Used cars with this method. I've also changed My car's interior light to Red and White instead of Green with this method too. If you do not know how to do Soldering and don't have confidence, just disassemble the Control head, and take the circuit board to Radio shack, they can probably help. If you want to learn how to do it, plenty of Youtube instruction videos for these type of work.

Last edited by steak59; 12-30-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Climage control bulbs for 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 3.8 V6