Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

how to replace rear wiper arm 2008 grand caravan

Old 12-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Canon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to replace rear wiper arm 2008 grand caravan

Hi

Does anyone know how to replace a rear wiper arm (I am not referring to the wiper blade) for a 2008 grand caravan. I went to the dealership to pick up a replacement and the one that they gave me does not seem to go on far enough in order to then be able to tighten the bolt holding the wiper arm in place.

Any suggestions?

Old 12-29-2011, 10:23 PM
papaduck
Professional

If the new one does not appear to be the same as the old, then take both back to the dealer and exchange for the correct one.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:48 PM
dave73

I have the same problem.Arm won't fit over dimpled bolt.If dodge know it won't fit why the hell are they selling them.I even explained it didn't look like it would fit to the guy at parts told him what it looked like.he said that's all that there is.wtf dodge.i will never buy another dodge,there have been far to many problems.I tried tapping the arm on with a rubber mallett because it's supposed to be compression fit but it only goes as far as the ridge on inside of arm.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:49 PM
dave73

did you find out a solution?

Old 04-23-2014, 06:47 PM
dave73
Default rear wiper arm

the dimpled metal piece the arm wont fit over has to be cut off.I used a dremel tool with a cutter disc and was done in a minute once i figured it had to be cut.another poster used a hacksaw.i suggest sing a dremel as by the other person who posted said it was a bit of a pain basically.make a cut going from end of post where you put the nut on towards the rear window along the top and one along the bottom.watch how deep you cut.as soon as you touch the steel stem it will spark a little.take your time it's easy no need to force or put pressure while cutting.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how to replace rear wiper arm 2008 grand caravan