Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

New Caravan Owner with a Question!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 09:52 AM
JC Montgomery
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New Caravan Owner with a Question!!

Hi..my name is J.C. and I just bought a 2000 Caravan. This is my first "mini" van and believe me its a whole new world for me. I have been an SUV, SUT, Pick-Up Truck girl all my life until now. I fought buying a mini van (I swore I would never own one) but hard times hit and I had to make some changes. I was told about this van and reluctantly said I would "take a look"...I got in, put it in drive, and we drove off into the sunset. I mainly bought it for my 3 k9kids...they love it and Mom loves it too. So..with all that being said, here is my question. There is a storage compartment under the passenger seat that seems to be stuck. It won't push all the way under the seat and it sticks out about 3 inches. Is this normal? I looked and there doesn't seem to be an obstruction. Thanks and I have to say I'm glad to be back in the MOPAR family.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:30 PM
joe_83
Amateur

Hi, I am a recent 2000 Caravan owner as well. I have done a few repairs to bring her up to speed. However I can tell you that the drawer should not be sticking out at all. My suggestion would be to first check the track on the seat itself then on the drawer for any obstruction. If nothing is found make sure the carpet has not lifted under the drawer. The other possibility could be the plastic pins may have jumped sections on the drawer track, if so just push the plastic pins back in while sliding back.
I too said I would never buy a minivan, always been a Jeep kinda guy. What hard times will to to a person! HAHA

Old 05-05-2012, 06:45 AM
ko95

Hi JC; Try pulling out the entire drawer completely (not too forcefully, you don't want to break any plastic pices in there), and try inserting the drawer by aligning any brackets. sort of like when you re-insert your refridgerator's lettuce criper. Good luck.
PS: sorry to hear about both yoour hard times. Keep strong, and carry on!

Old 05-06-2012, 03:02 AM
b1pig

take a look at the drawer from the back side of the seat. pretty sure i had the same drawer in both the '96 and 97 vans i had. (positive the 97 did) i think mine got stuck once because something one of the kids kicked under the seat.

welcome to the van world. we're on our third and i have no complaints. i get alot of jokes about it at work. let em laugh. its a nice ride.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:53 AM
JC Montgomery

Thanks, everyone..I have tried all your suggestions and still seems jammed. I guess I'll leave it alone so I don't break it. Unfortunately my van is home right now and can't afford to break it. Thanks again for all your help.

Quick Reply: New Caravan Owner with a Question!!