Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dodge Caravan SE 2005 Headlight issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 11:58 PM
mosco28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Caravan SE 2005 Headlight issue

Recently I just bought a 2005 Dodge Caravan SE. At first it was working fine with no issues, other then then Autostart only working when it wanted to. But recently my Wife has an issue where she would turn off the Van and the HDl's would stay on, so she would have to turn them back off. Well now the main issue is the Headlights wont come on at all.

Daylight's will work, and the brights only flash when they are initiated. I checked for a fuse for them and couldnt find one. I havent heard any shorting of the headlight's switch either.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:24 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The usual culprits are either the headlight switch or the Front Control Module (FCM). Others are the BCM, IPM or wiring. Anything happen when you wiggle the switch every which way you can? The FCM is mounted on the front of the IPM (fuse box). Try tapping it or better yet loosen the four mounting bolts and wiggle it slightly. It may come down to getting a multimeter out and/or removing the FCM and checking for corrosion on the contacts. Many have had success slightly twisting the spade contacts on the FCM and reinstalling. Disconnect the negative battery cable first. Twisting creates better contact. There is no dedicated headlights fuse. One long shot is to pull the IOD fuse in the IPM for 2-3 minutes. This will reset the data bus.

Last edited by Cougar41; 03-19-2012 at 03:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Dodge Caravan SE 2005 Headlight issue