Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

New Aluminum Wheels On My 02 GC (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 01:05 PM
2therock
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Aluminum Wheels On My 02 GC (Pics)

Well, I'm glad I did not shop for wheels before getting the tires or I would have paid more for less of a look I like and used to boot.

If I had shopped factory used wheels 1st I would have paid over $100.00 per and then had to get 16" rubber.

Instead I got the stock steel wheeled 15" Michelin Defenders, and then pondered getting aluminum later.
When I shopped my options for 15" OE wheels were used, ugly, and too high.

So I stumbled into Tirerack.com's wheels section and found these for $79.00 per @ $389.01 shipped the house. Lug nuts, centering rings and center caps included.

I like how it says "Sport" being my GC is a Sport model. I also like how the do not SCREAM I am not a stock wheel.
I double checked the off-sets and they are dead on.

I weighed them with the TPM sensors @ 17.5 lbs ea. I then weighed the stockers with the covers @ 23lbs. So.... 5.5 lbs off the rotating mass is nice eh?

I also found a deal on the Orange TPMS on amazon and its functioning well so far. I like the way it displays all 4 corners and has an alternating psi/temp mode too.
I snapped the picture of the display as it was booting and too lazy to go down get it with all 4 numbers.
The psi readings are after I bled them to make sure the guys put the right corners on. I am waiting for them to get to ambient °F and will dial them in.

The dust you see is the green pine pollen we have now. Thick as fog almost.

Name:  VanRims01.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  156.1 KB

Name:  VanRims02.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  83.3 KB

Name:  VanRims03.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  87.7 KB

Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 PM
maxbaby
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they look great. You chose wisely. My preference would still be for the 16 inch rim because I like the appearance of a lower profile tire but that's just my own preference. Well done.

Quick Reply: New Aluminum Wheels On My 02 GC (Pics)