Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 Dodge Caravan hit in the front end

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 10:50 PM
my00durango
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dodge Caravan hit in the front end

Today i was being a nice guy and i took my Nephew out driving on his permit and i was not aware he NEVER driven before we where in a parking lot and the next thing i knew was i was grabbing the wheel and trying to turn it away from a guard rail it did not feel like like much of a hit but the way it hit i am a little nervous the damage is alot more then it is showing the fender is pushed back far enough that i can not open the passenger door and the head light is pulled out and broken on the bottom.
my question is how much can a caravan take for a hit is there any chance the structure is what took the most damage i have screws pocking threw the sheet metal from the out side (the bolts are from holding stuff on the inner fender from the under the hood. i got an appointment with geico tomorrow morning it has 186k miles and rust spots on the doog legs and the rockers have been patched before i am hoping it is not going to hurt the value of the van.
2002 Dodge caravan 186k transmission shifts hard when it is down shifting between 1 and second it needs breaks one or two ball joints front pads Passenger window motor idk if it is worth fixing.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:34 PM
mfahey
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think that the van at most was worth between $1500 to $2000 before the accident. If it were mine, I'd give it a nice sendoff to the junk yard or you could see if you can get something for it as is.

Quick Reply: 2002 Dodge Caravan hit in the front end