Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2003 Dodge Caravan AC is not blowing cold air

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 09:35 AM
blujely
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Dodge Caravan AC is not blowing cold air

Hello to all. I would very much appreciate anyones help with this. I try to work on my own vehicles when I can but I don't know much about the AC systems. The other day my AC seemed like it wasn't blowing as cold. The next day I got in and it wasn't blowing any cold air and the compressor wasn't kicking on. I assumed that the refrigerant was just low. I bought a recharge kit with a gauge. When I hooked it up the gauge showed that it was a little low but had refrigerant in it. When i added a little the compressor kicked on and the gauge jumped when it did and showed it was full. I stopped filling it because I was afraid to over fill it. So I am still not getting any cold air but the compressor is coming on now but is making a clicking noise that can be heard inside the vehicle.
Could it still be that it is just low on refrigerant and the gauge isn't working properly? That's what it acts like to me. The compressor wouldn't kick on because it was low, I added a little, now it will but the gauge shows its full.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:31 PM
mbrahmer
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the clutch on the compressor. Sounds like the clutch is trying to turn the compressor but is worn out. I had to replace mine recently with just over 240k miles on it.

Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge Caravan AC is not blowing cold air