Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2003 caravan engine vibration and missing

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 06:13 PM
doylec
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 caravan engine vibration and missing

my in laws have a 03 caravan with 21,000 miles, yes i know! last week engine started missing and vibrating, took it to the local dealer and they could find no problems. as luck would have it, it started doing it again. i was curious if the thermostat could be sticking? would the dealership had found this during their testing?

Old 07-28-2012, 07:17 AM
papaduck
Professional

Mot likely that the thermostat is not at fault. Has the engine check light come on? You need to check it for codes. Could be a number of things, bad sparkplug wire, sticking injector or exhaust recerculation valve.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:39 AM
doylec
Default 2003 caravan

dealership said they pulled no codes. had tires balanced and rotated. seems to be doing this only at slow speeds.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:38 PM
mrhoppers

I am having a similar problem except my 2003 3.3L caravan has 106,000 miles, trade? I have checked wiring harnesses, cleaned the throttle body, and replaced the coil pack as I did have a code indicating a coil pack issue. Mine started after having the spark plugs, wires, and water pump replaced. Did you ever resolve this?

Quick Reply: 2003 caravan engine vibration and missing