Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Oil Change interval

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Scotty07
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Change interval

I have a 2011 Grand Caravan and had the oil first changed at 6500 kms when the change oil light was displayed. I believe these new pentastar 3.6L engines are rated to go 10000 kms.

I am now at 12500kms and planning a 1000km trip next week.

Not sure if I should have the engine oil changed before going on the trip even though the van hasn't called for it.

The oil is still a dark golden color. Will it upset the computer to have it changed early and cause it to ask early for the next oil change?

Thanks.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:56 PM
dsolorio
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will not upset the computer to get it changed. It may call for a more resent oil change if your going by km. That little gauge calculates your driving habits and not so much how many km you drive. Meaning, if you drive more in the city vs on the highway, its going to inform you that you need an oil change sooner if you drive in the city than if you drive only highway. I would recommend go ahead and change the oil and filter before your trip.

Quick Reply: Oil Change interval