Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Key fob won't unlock doors

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 02:44 PM
psmith64
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key fob won't unlock doors

My 2008 Grand Caravan key fob will perform every other key fob function except to unlock the doors. Is there a way to pry it open and clean the contact under that button? I have changed the battery and every other button/function works.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:18 PM
lovvorn
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dow Corning 111 silicone multi purpose grease

Take a lead pencil eraser & clean all carbon contacts under the touch pad & battery surfaces . Then I use a Q-Tip with most the cotton pulled off to dab a good amount of silicone grease to all contacts an reassemble for a good operating entry button for ever !!!!!!
O'yes don't forget to apply to the battery contact area for a good voltage current flow !!
All Nissan & Jap cars come with the grease applied from the factory an will last the life of the vehicle ! Lovvorn P.S. I have been boldly told on another post that I was wrong an needed a new button . Try my grease as it has always worked for me on my 2010 GCV . good luck.

Quick Reply: Key fob won't unlock doors