Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

'96 Grand Caravan - No Power

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 01:11 AM
rcormier
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '96 Grand Caravan - No Power

I recently ran into a problem with my caravan. 3.3L engine died on the highway with an error code 43. After letting it cool down it ran for a while and died again. It seemed that if it was allowed to sit for a while it would run again. Couldn't get more than 40 minutes of good running before it would die again. I checked all items associated with the Fault Code 43 (ignition coil, Powertrain Control Module and wiring from the PCM to the Coils). None of these things have helped. Now it doesn't even want to run for 10 minutes before the problem starts and I'm not getting any error codes. I'm starting to wonder if it is fuel supply related. Any suggestions?

Old 08-30-2005, 01:39 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '96 Grand Caravan - No Power

It does sound fuel related. If you could hook up a fuel pressure guage to the fuel rail, you could easily find out for sure. If it turns out that is the problem I have a used pump that is in great condition, actually looks fairly new.

Quick Reply: '96 Grand Caravan - No Power