Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

grimlins having fun on me (electrical)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 04:58 PM
m. Jung
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile grimlins having fun on me (electrical)

1. SOME times when I try to open all doors with the switch on the front doors [both sides] the sliding doors will not unlock. Happens most of the time but not all the time. All doors lock when you get rollong. It is just unlock that is bugging me.

2. The "break" light on the panel comes on every now and then. It will stay on while I am driving. Have checked the fluid level and the break pads. It is wierd. Sometimes while driving it goes off, but will come back later.

3. Sometimes the R/H window will not move {UP or DOWN} from either drivers side switch or R/H switch. This is intermittant.

Sometimes I wish I had my old '53 ford could work on it.

Any help would be helpful. Had the computer reser 2 years ago and it cost a bunch.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:32 AM
grswat
Veteran

1. Sounds like a bad switch for the unlock
2. Check the parking brake pedal and sensor. There should be a return spring that holds the pedal up and if it is broken or bad or if the sensor is bad could cause the light to come on.
3. Sounds like motor or loose connection.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:02 AM
m. Jung

Thanks much grswat as soon as the weather clears I will go out and check parking brake. Then go to parts place for a new switch. Then try to find out how to get into pass. door to check for connection. Wish me luck. I have to carry two pair of glasses to see stuff now. And will have to keep changing them out to see what I am working on. Getting old is a B**ch !

Quick Reply: grimlins having fun on me (electrical)