Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Seeking help with replacing ABS control module CAB

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 10:24 PM
cayuga
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking help with replacing ABS control module CAB

Hi there,
I have a 1999 Grand Caravan LE AWD that needs to have the computer module replaced on the ABS control unit. I've just replaced the master cylinder, calipers/pads/rotors all around, and the brakes are working great, except for ABS. A reliable shop did a diagnosis and determined the computer module on the ABS is shot. I have a used replacement on the way, but am trying to figure out if there is a way to replace the computer module without having to disconnect all six brake lines going into the ABS controller and removing the whole ABS control assembly from the vehicle. Is there a way to do this? Can the mounting bracket be removed somehow without having to disconnect the brake lines? If I can get the bracket off and expose the bottom of the unit, it seems like there is no reason the computer module can't be replaced with the hydraulic unit remaining connected. Any suggestions?
Thanks so much,
james

Old 10-02-2012, 11:48 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The ABS Module and the HCU/Pump is a different item. yes, you remove the screw holding the module to the HCU and the module is slide out from HCU, no line, no fluid.

Quick Reply: Seeking help with replacing ABS control module CAB