Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Heater Hose Bundle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 05:14 PM
chihiggs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater Hose Bundle?

Dealer told me the heater hose bundle has a cracked housing. What does it take to replace this part? Charging $142 for the part; nearly $300 for labor supplies and taxes. I am trying to figure out if this is one I should take on or let the pros handle it???

Old 10-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Model year will help.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:42 PM
chihiggs

Wasn't thinking. 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT v6 3.8L

Old 10-26-2012, 10:06 PM
eyecando

I just went through this. My 2009 Caravan 3.8L Y adapter was leaking coolant out one of the "Y" adapters so I purchased a 4677603AK part from the dealer which included the metal pipes, rubber hoses and plastic Y adapters. The cost was excessive ($155 + tax). I wish I had taken the time to look into this closer before I went this route, but I was in a rush. I did not use the new metal pipes since that would have made the job much harder. I only used the rubber and plastic parts which made the job much easier.

This was fairly easy to do, but since I didn't have the tool to disconnect the quick connect pipe, I had to nip it with side cutters to get it off. The best option would be to purchase a 1/2 inch tool to disconnect the quick connect coupling. Or you can try to make a tool using a piece of a screw type hose clamp cut to the right length or a similar strip of material. You have to push the tool or whatever you use from the bottom to release the tabs.

You can search for this part number (4677603AK) on the internet and find the same Dodge part a lot cheaper.

I think there may be a couple of other options. You could try cutting off the plastic clamps that connect the hoses to the "Y" adapter and add your own metal clamps. Another option would be to purchase a Dorman 800-422 Y adapter from your local parts store to replace the leaking unit.

I found a Dorman 800-403 Heater Hose Quick Connect that appears to be the correct part if you need to replace it for some reason. It's not made for this vehicle, but I believe it is the correct part.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:14 PM
kingofwylietx
Professional

That's what I did too!

Old 10-27-2012, 01:17 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've seen many ppl just pick up the right size Y fitting from the part store or even Home Depot to replace the Factory crap. Just cut off the Y section and replace it with few hose clamp and a Y fitting.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:23 AM
EricaW

Goodness I hope I can do this as a gal who has never done repairs! I can't afford a $160 assembly plus 1.5hrs of labor @$135/hr. As quoted when only my Y connector is bad. Wish I knew for sure if that aftermarket Y or whatnot referenced has been successful for u others or maybe I misread it?

Quick Reply: Heater Hose Bundle?