Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Dodge Grand Caravan Brake Caliper question

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:00 PM
atish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Grand Caravan Brake Caliper question

Dodge Grand Caravan 2002 3.3 Sports

Today I changed the front pads of the grand caravan, I noticed that the driver side pads were almost done as compared to the passenger side which were done only 50%. Still I changed both.

The bottom adapter of the caliper seems to be jammed, lubricated the top one and can push it by hand easily, but the bottom caliper adapter is very hard to move.

Should I force out the bottom adapter and lube it ?

I was able to pull one side bottom adapter and it was different from the top one by having a plastic like sleeve on the inner end, the passenger side adapter with the 50%+ pad seems to be jammed in one place.

Please guide, should this be free or it is normal for the bottom adapter to be hard.

Thanks

Last edited by atish; 10-17-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:51 AM
atish

I found this part Caliper Guide Pin H5082 and today I am going to replace the caliper pins.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:27 PM
atish

Instead of replacing the caliper pins, the bosom pin has a grove and a rubber sleeve. The rubber sleeve seemed to be bad, I just changed the rubber sleeve on the bottom Caliper quide pin on both sides and added extra grease. The sleeves come in the rubber boot kit of the caliper guides.

Quick Reply: Dodge Grand Caravan Brake Caliper question