Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Oil leak locations

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Saxon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil leak locations

I recently picked up an 03 Dodge Grand Caravan and have been getting it cleaned up and caught up on much needed maintenance and repairs. There were some substantial oil leaks, but I think changing the valve cover gaskets stemmed the majority of the leaks. The oil pan gasket leaks some and is next on my list.

I need to clean the engine compartment to really track things down, but what are some other common places for oil leaks in a Grand Caravan? Thanks.

-Saxon

Old 10-26-2012, 01:41 PM
bmf383

I have a 2000 grand caravan and have a leak from the tranny control solenoid pack. It appears that this is a common problem.

Old 10-26-2012, 03:53 PM
scotter5
Veteran

Pull the plastic guard under passenger side protecting the crank shaft. Right under the crank pulley there is a small shelf that oil if leaking will congrugate on. if so clean and then recheck after a week for oil. crank pulley seal is about 8 bucks. pull the crank and slide it in place. check for youtube how to perform if you don't know already.

Quick Reply: Oil leak locations