Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

another problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 12:12 AM
dodgenewbie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another problem

well i got my tranny fixed my tourque converter ended up being the problem it broke inside so i got it back together and took it down the road and it seemed fine untill i got a real weired shutter from the tranny it did it twice then it quit but i also got it home before it could really do it again

any ideas

i was reading in the chiltons that when you replace the converter it has to be put on the computerfor the break in period

what is the break in for a converter or is it just in the computer

please help

Old 09-05-2005, 12:18 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: another problem

Take it back and have them look at it. If its doing anything like that, its not a good sign. I've replaced several transmissions and have a friend who runs a transmission shop....they should have already done any of the necessary work on the transmission.

There is a 500 mile period where you should drive it carefully and not push it too hard....as it gives it a chance to get accustomed to your driving...

Old 09-05-2005, 12:45 AM
dodgenewbie

i did the work myself
but i dont have a scan tool

Old 09-05-2005, 07:00 PM
brandoncrone
Veteran

If you have a 4 speed automatic in a mini-van you have to use ATF+3 not Dexron III, you will have shudder problems, and yes also you should take it to the dealer to perform a quicklearn (also if it is a 4 speed in a mini-van). If it is a full size van there are no real break in procedures.

Quick Reply: another problem