Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Looking to pick up a Caravan. Recommended year?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 10:48 PM
yunaiseng
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to pick up a Caravan. Recommended year?

Hi everyone! It's great to join your community...I'm looking forward to reading all your posts!

I've got baby #3 coming soon and so I'll be needing a little bit more space to haul the kids around. I'm looking into picking up a used Caravan (thinking somewhere in the 2003+ range and <$7000) and was wondering if you all might recommend the year model that has the best track record on reliability and few issues?

Thanks so much!

Old 11-17-2012, 08:39 AM
b1lk1
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 02 has been a very reliable vehicle, has yet to leave me on the side of the road after 3 years and over 50K KMs. I am very partial to this generation, they seem to be the best comprimise between reliability and efficiency. I have the 3.3L engine and average 18.5MPG (US) with most city style driving. Highway only trips get up over 24MPG (US) even when loaded up. I even tow with my van and it is very good at that task.

Best possible advice I have is that if your budget is $7K, spend $6K total on a van and spend the other $1K replacing all fluids and any other wear items that fit in that budget. Most people seem to neglect all maintenance other than oil changes.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:53 PM
yunaiseng
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the thoughts on your 02 model! I'll give that a look!

And for the fluids and wear items, what kinds of things are you talking about? I'm not the most savvy in those things

Quick Reply: Looking to pick up a Caravan. Recommended year?