Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

No signal/hazard lights or instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 10:39 AM
findingmydream
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question No signal/hazard lights or instrument cluster

Hit a deer last night. No major damage, able to drive, but had to replace the battery because the police took over an hour to arrive and killed my battery which was already needing replacing. Since putting in the new battery, my turn signals, hazard lights and instrument cluster will not work. Everything else seems fine. The fuses are all fine. Tried disconnecting the battery for a while and that seemed to do the trick, though lost it again after a bit. I am thinking there is a loose connection somewhere, but not sure where to start. Thoughts?

Old 11-21-2012, 06:23 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Where did you hit the deer? No damage to bumper and headlamp?
And did you hauled the deer home for Thanksgiving dinner?
it probably shorted some wires out, or rip some wires out of a connector. Most likely going to be behind the head light area, or under the fuse box.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:50 AM
findingmydream
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everything was working right after the hit, but after we replaced the battery, then it didn't. Pulled the IOD fuse after work yesterday and that didn't work, but when I was almost home (half hour highway drive), everything flipped on and was still working when I got to work this morning.

Quick Reply: No signal/hazard lights or instrument cluster