Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 Grand Caravan - Open Sliding Door?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 05:34 PM
vpnavy
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 Grand Caravan - Open Sliding Door?

OK - the wife just got real pissed with me today! She was in the backseat. I stopped off to pick up a "carry out" and she decided she wanted to change her order. Well, I was driving the Van and merely pulled in (the doors automatically locked when we started out) - shut off the Van - opened my door - ran inside. Well, as much as she tried - the power sliding door would not open until I got back in the car and unlocked the doors - did I do something wrong?

Thanks!

Old 11-25-2012, 05:55 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vpnavy
- did I do something wrong?

Thanks!
Yes, you forgot to teach her how to manually unlock and open the sliding door.
Power sliding door is working as designed.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:12 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep in mind they have child proof safety as well the auto open function can be disabled on the console in the front about the rear view mirror.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:20 AM
vpnavy
All Star

Originally Posted by steak59
Yes, you forgot to teach her how to manually unlock and open the sliding door. Power sliding door is working as designed.
I "failed" to show the wife how to manually unlock the doors because I didn't know you could. Perhaps you could provide the instructions (or a document) to educate me?

Old 11-26-2012, 05:21 AM
vpnavy
All Star

Originally Posted by DodgeCaravan2010SXT
keep in mind they have child proof safety as well the auto open function can be disabled on the console in the front about the rear view mirror.
My console near the mirror has a button all the way to the right that has ON and OFF. Either position still doesn't give you the ability to open the back door from the inside with the door's locked. So, for now the wife will have to climb over the seats to push the button on the console near the mirror.

Last edited by vpnavy; 11-26-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:38 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vpnavy
I "failed" to show the wife how to manually unlock the doors because I didn't know you could. Perhaps you could provide the instructions (or a document) to educate me?

Above the inside grab handle, there is a small lever you can push back and forth to manually unlock/lock the door. At the area where the arrow points at in the above picture . However, the Alarm might go off for a moment. IF your car has an alarm

Last edited by steak59; 11-26-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:16 PM
vpnavy
All Star

OMG steak59! The wife and I never noticed that - just gave it a try and it worked like a champ. Where in the world did you find that? Thanks again - you made two old farts very happy.

Quick Reply: 2011 Grand Caravan - Open Sliding Door?