Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

96 GC clicking and no start, at wit's end

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 10:19 AM
karenb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 GC clicking and no start, at wit's end

I have a 96 Grand Caravan. Parked it and when I went to start it I heard clicking but no start..
Have done the following
checked relays with swap method
replaced battery, starter and alternator

still have clicking noises in relay box and no start..will start if jumped. I need to have this running as I use it to transport the grandkids. It has over 230,000 on it and has been running really good, but now I am lost and need some guidance on where to look next. I live in the boonies of WV so a tow is the last thing I want to do.
Also is there a difference, other than the obvious, between an alternator that is 12v 90amp and one that is 12v 120amp?
Thanks in advance for all your help.

Never mind..feel silly..but they say that is always the simplest things that get you into trouble....it was the negative battery clamp...had lots of corrosion, thought I had cleaned it enough...wrong...working fine now...

Would still like to know what the difference is with the alternators though. Thanks.

Last edited by karenb; 11-27-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Quick Reply: 96 GC clicking and no start, at wit's end