Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

00 grand caravan transmission problems help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 05:10 AM
kevinbrunsting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 00 grand caravan transmission problems help!!

driving to christmas the other night down the interstate with myself and family (been on istate 2 mins tops) heard a fairly loud clunk and rpms went way up and had no gears forward or reverse so i coasted to a stop called for a tow the next day i go to show a buddy what its doing and it goes into gear right away so we go for a drive only to find out once we reach 7mph pops outa gear and no matter what you do wont go fwd or rev so i shut off restarted goes into drive but not reverse (it never has reverse) tried driving back home boom 7mph trans popped out again so i restart and drove back home and hooked up scan tool and came up with alotta codes p0740,p0720,p0715,p0732,p0700,p0700 last one p0700 is in there twice but if i rember correctly we bought it with that code showing i live in south dakota it was 10degrees that night i dont even know where to start with this problem the loud clunk concerns me but fluid looks like brand new and the van only has 145000 miles on it its a 2000 with a 3.3 any help would be great thanls kevin

Old 12-27-2012, 05:38 AM
papaduck
Professional

All the codes indicate an electircal problem controlling the transmission. I would start by checking all the electrical connections to the transmission.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 PM
mbrahmer
Rookie

Yoou want to look at the TCM wiring as well, especially the grounds.

Quick Reply: 00 grand caravan transmission problems help!!